Here are my March blocks for the Gypsy Wife Quilt Along.
I’m forcing myself to work strictly from my scraps (I need a reason to keep them), so it’s pretty hodgepodge.
A little rant… If I’m going to be honest, I have to say this quilt pattern is kicking my ass. The block sizes are for ‘finished’ blocks, which I could care less about. I really need to know the size the blocks should be when I’m making them. After it’s all put together, I don’t really care what size they are (finished). The pattern seems to jump all around and I just can’t follow it very well. Hmph.
That being said, I think it’s totally worth doing because the end result looks insanely awesome. I’m sure other people can follow this pattern perfectly; my brain just doesn’t mesh with this one. I will say, it’s definitely making me think.
The Pershing block may be my favorite so far. It was really fun picking out the fabrics.
Fussy Cut! I love this swap. It’s hosted with Amanda at What the Bobbin and I believe it will be an ongoing monthly swap with different themes.
The theme was woodland. I may have missed the mark a little but fox live in the woods! Probably not *these* fancy fox, but still.
I think they look dapper.
I’m also participating in a really fun Birthday Bash Swap with Stephanie at Quarter Incher. I’m the first recipient and it’s freaking FANTASTIC! I’m blown away by the generosity. I’ll have a separate post with all of those goodies.
Let’s see, what else…
- Just finished up a small project for Moda Bakeshop and have another to work on. I think they’ll be published in April.
- My design wall is –blank–. Woot! Which quilt to make next? I have a few ideas.
- I need to make the April Birthday Girl her present.
- Need to quilt a top I made last year, that I’m just not feeling.
- Oh! I still need to make my Scrappy Trip blocks for my hive. Yikes
- A wall flag thing for my brother…
The list goes on but I’ll stop there.
So what are you working on? Did you anything fun for Spring Break?