Finally got around to this! We found this antique chair on Craigslist last year for like $35. At the time I wanted it for the bedroom but have actually been using it as my sewing chair. I didn’t even think to take ‘before’ pictures which makes me made. It was a dark dark stain and the upholstery was dark jewel tones. Wasn’t really hideous it just wasn’t my style.
Yesterday I sanded, sanded and sanded and applied two coats of paint. This morning I applied another coat of paint, added more padding and updated the fabric. We also secured some of the joints with wood glue – it was getting loose in spots.
I’m really happy with how it turned out. I wanted the Amy Butler peacock feathers pattern in an upholstery weight, but I was entirely too impatient to wait for an online order. I picked this up at Joann’s and I’m actually loving it right now. Birdies!
Don’t look too closely at the paint job, that is definitely not something I love to do.