I didn’t really feel like sewing much this week but I did work on this. Just wanted to crochet something quick and not get started on a big project.
To be honest I had some problems with it. I made the first round of clusters incorrect because the how-to isn’t at the beginning (it was a whole sentence down. How dare they!). Unfortunately I’m not one to read ahead – I just jump in. This time I jumped in the wrong way. Luckily it wasn’t that much to pull out. Then I ended up with 44 clusters rather than 40… and for the handle I made a little adjustment. Other than my own mistakes which made the pattern more difficult, I think it’s a good project. I’d like to double the size next time and maybe work in a different type of handle. I’m not sure how much weight these will hold but it certainly looks cute.
It’s not something I’ll carry it around, I just enjoy making things so I’ll probably give it to my niece or one of the girls. The flowers I added are pretty simple: Chain 2 and join. 10 sc in the loop. In the first sc you will *sc, 2 dc and ss. ss in the next sc. Repeat 4 times from *. You’ll end up with 5 petals. The red flower I had 12 sc’s in the loop and ended up with 6 petals.